Our clients had just taken possession of an older duplex, converted into a single family home. The initial mandate consisted of a partial renovation of the basement. As early as the initial technical inspections, hidden defects started emerging. As the demolition progressed, more issues were discovered. The major work soon included some improvements on the main floor. The basement was transformed to include a home cinema, a bathroom and a laundry room.
- The exposed concrete floor, with integrated radiant heating, maximizing the height of the ceiling of these spaces.
- The amazing, luxurious bathroom. The clean lines and warm touches from wood accents that give the space a sense of being a private spa.
- The ultra functional, optimized laundry area.
On the main floor, the kitchen has been enhanced with some additional cabinetry and new countertops.
- The clean look and optimized storage.
- The hidden door leading to the basement
- The decoration completing the trendy emerald green elements
Upstairs, following roofing repairs, the space was stripped to add extra insulation.
- That the space is now balanced, bright, comfortable, and welcoming.
- A tip of the hat to the terrazzo on the shower wall, making a reappearance in this 40’s building.
- The black accents of the bathroom, particularly the plumbing fixtures and the shower glass hardware.
- The custom-made vanity and sparkle provided by the orange seams of the tilework
- The large-tiled shower floor, with hidden linear drain.